This is by far one of my favorite recipes. And the hubby loves these too. So when I got home from work last night, I thought nothing would taste better than some delicious home-made enchiladas. Turns out, I was right.
3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 jar picante sauce – whatever spiciness you prefer
1 block of cream cheese
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
Corn tortillas (Gluten-Free!) – If you’re not Gluten Free, feel free to use flour tortillas. 🙂
Heres how to rock these babies:
1. Cut those chicken breasts into tiny pieces – and cook using your method of choice (stovetop, electric wok, you name it – just like in my Buffalo Chicken Casserole recipe…) Cook until the middle is no longer pink.
2. Add the cream cheese and 1/2 bag of cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
3. Add the jar of picante and stir into the mix. Looks good, right?
4. Grease a large casserole dish.
5. Fill each corn tortilla with the delicious goodness before you. Place crease side down into the casserole dish.
6. Once the dish is full of enchiladas, take the remaining sauce from the mixture (your chicken pieces should all be in tortillas!) and pour it on top of the rows of enchiladas.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
8. Add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy. Seriously – how easy was that?!
Looking for a more Atkins-friendly version? Skip the tortillas!!! Since I am low-carbing it this week and my hubby is gluten free, I made him enchiladas in corn tortillas and just enjoyed the yummy mixture with a fork. It’s so delicious on it’s own, the tortillas are just a bonus!
Try it and see for yourself!!!