If you’ve read my blog before, you know I love two things. Using my electric wok and mexican food! So when I get an opportunity to do both in one night, I’m pretty much in heaven! This combination of events made last night a wonderful evening, as I prepared delicious Gluten-Free Enchiladas. Sounds pretty good, right? They were! And even better, they’re ridiculously easy!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
Pace Picante Sauce (I use Mild because I am a wimp, but spice it up to your liking!)
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 block cream cheese
3 boneless chicken breasts
Gluten-Free or Corn Tortillas
Steps to Prepare:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cut your chicken breasts up into bite size pieces. Cook chicken using your preferred cooking method until the middle of each piece is no longer pink. (Insert mental image of me smiling over my electric wok here).
2. Once your chicken is cooked, add cream cheese, 1/2 bag shredded cheese and picante sauce to the mixture. Mix it up until the cheeses are completely melted! Can’t you smell it already?!
3. Spray the bottom of a rectangular casserole dish. Take a Gluten-Free or corn tortilla and fill it with the delicious enchilada mixture. This time, I used Rudi’s Gluten-Free tortillas. Normally, I just use regular corn tortillas, but I wanted to try something new. I found the gluten-free tortillas held up better than corn tortillas typically do! They had a unique flavor to them, but they were good! The hubby liked them too!
4. Once you’ve filled the tortilla with the enchilada goodness, wrap it up like a taco and flip it so the “folded side” is face down in the casserole dish. Continue to do this with the remaining tortillas until your casserole dish is full of enchiladas!
5. You should have some leftover sauce. Don’t throw it away! That’s the best part! Take the remaining sauce and pour it on top of your enchiladas. MMMMM. Is that going to taste good or what?!
6. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. After 10 minutes, remove and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 bag of shredded cheese on top. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
The only thing left to do is ENJOY! 🙂